Tuesday, May 29, 2012

In Loving Memory

Our loving grandpa passed away on May 7, 2012. 
He was battling many health issues including leukemia, his 2nd stroke, and many more things. 
I will miss him calling my moms house when we are eating dinner, and wondering what we are doing, or to tell us about the traffic when we come down to California. I am so happy that he is with his family, that he is relieved from his pain, and in a much much better place. My family, Cam and I, went down to California a couple weeks ago to celebrate his life. We had such a fun time seeing family that we haven't been with in years, and comfort my grandma.


My grandpa was such an amazing person. It was so fun to learn more about what he did and how he was so interested in everyones life. 




Courtney and are were happy to sing at his funeral. We sang, "Nearer My God to Thee," It was hard to keep it cool up there, but we did it. I could just picture my grandpa at the back of the church smiling at us.


He was buried at the Riverside Veterans Cemetery. It was such a neat place. The grounds were huge and it was so cool to see all the flags, and posts of all the people that have served our country. 
As we were pulling up to the area where would have the service, I saw 3 men holding guns. I turned to Cam and said, "That would be cool if they had that for my grandpa," And it was for him! I felt so PROUD of him and his service. What an amazing person he was. 




Thank you Grandpa for everything you have done for us, your family and friends. We will miss you so much, but we are so happy that you are in a happier place. Until we meet again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment