Tonight:
Cam is at basketball.
Shawn is in Brazil.
Mom is in St. George.
Courtney is out with friends.
Bryn is watching an old show with Dad.
And I am at my parents cleaning up a late night meal...
As I was standing there cleaning up the mess I made from a late night snack, I thought back to the nights when Mom was gone on a vacation. Dad took us all to the store to pick out a 'kids cuisine TV dinner,' and it was a miracle if we got to stay up till 10 to watch some tv! Another time came to mind, when Mom was out of town again and I snuck out to go to a friends birthday party because Dad wouldn't let me hang out. Coming back to reality and looking at where all of us are at now in my family made me realize some things. I miss those days of when all of us were home. Why didn't I play one more game with Shawn, or care about something Courtney or Bryn was showing me. All of us are so old now! I miss the days when we were growing up, when we were all home as a family. I miss Shawn. I think about him everyday and wonder what he is doing. 2013 seems so far away.
Of course we all miss the old days when life was a little different. But I wouldn't trade a thing for what our lives are like right now. My amazing husband, a brother that is serving the Lord, and my family close by.
No comments:
Post a Comment