My dad has been on a little 'healthy high' lately and has been attending "The Green Smoothie Girls" presentations at Good Earth ( which I am going to tonight and am very excited about!) So when we visit my fam there is always a new healthy thing sitting on the counter. One of which was Coconut Oil. I loved the color, texture, and smell of it and wanted to learn more of how I could use it instead of using it just for cooking. I took some home last night and tried some experiments with it and am very surprised with the results, and things I have read about it online.
3 things that I was excited to use the oil for was for my hair, face, and skin. To use as a 'deep conditioning treatment' I got my hair damp and took little scoops of coconut oil and ran it through my hair. After I ran it through the dry parts of my hair, it all looked really oily. I slept with a towel on my pillow and in the morning I washed my hair twice, and after my hair was styled I noticed a total difference! It was shiny, and super soft.
I also used it on my face as a moisturizer after I washed my make up off. It didn't stay oily because it dissolves quickly into your pours. Using it as a moisturizer can delay wrinkiles, sagging of the skin, it also helps to treat various skin problems like psoriasis and eczema!
Cam and I have decided to start eating a little bit better also. We have switched out cereal in the mornings to green smoothies. Yes, it may look weird and sound weird, but it is delicious and very healthy! Throw in some strawberries (we do about 5 or 6), 1 banana, 1 orange, about 1/3 c of chunks of pineapple, handful of red grapes, 2 handfuls of spinach and 5 or 6 ice cubes. Blend, and drink! There are many other fruits you can throw in as well to get all your vitamins.
Well there is probably my one and only healthy post! haha. Tonight the 'Green Smoothie Girl' will probably make me excited about another healthy thing and I'll share that too :)
Lex!!! Where can you get that I totally wanna try!
ReplyDeleteI got it at Good Earth. Make sure you get the Organic, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. You will love it!!
ReplyDelete