It was an enjoyable Friday afternoon, I spent the day with my cousin and her little cute family out to lunch and walking around the park. Around 4:00 I thought I should probably go home and shower. I was hurrying cuz I wanted to go back and ride their scooter. I was shaking off my razor after the shower and I sliced my ring finger open! I thought I could see the bone so I started getting really light headed.
I called my room mate- Kat - to hurry and come to my rescue! She did a pretty good job of wrapping my finger. haha ( picture above) I hurried and put clothes on and she rushed me to the E.R. After 20 minutes of checking me in, I was put into a room. I was told I needed to get a tetanus shot in case of infection and maybe stitches. Look how miserable I look! While laying here, the paramedics came in with another patient, covered in blood all over her face and cuts all over her body. This scared me because I was actually in the E.R.!
I soaked my finger in this antibiotic fluid stuff that stung SOOOO bad! When they barely touched it I started crying because it hurt so bad. The doctor came in and told me they couldn't give me stitches because the cut was too wide and if they did stitch it, my finger would heal weird. After trying 2 different ways of wrapping my finger to stop the bleeding, I finally walked out of the hospital looking like this .....
Why can't my mom be here to take care of me ? :( For the next 4 days I will be using one hand with mostly everything I do. Especially in the shower.. let me tell ya - It makes me VERY grateful for the use of 2 hands! Please hurry and heal.. I have a St. George trip in 3 weeks!!!
hahah dang, that sucks im sorry!!! hope it does heal soon!!! yeah the ER is scary and its stupid how long it takes to get checked into one also!!! let me tell ya i didnt have blood but when the nurse came in after taking my blood and saying they thought i might have cancer my heart dropped, thankfully it was just an infection and surgery but the hospital when its for you is NEVER FUN!!!! hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!! love ya!
ReplyDelete